Tie next-generation foam poppers, sliders, and divers.|
The Double Barrel™ is an innovative, modern, soft-foam popper body that makes it easy to tie the most popular popper, slider, and diver flies being used today to target various species from panfish to sailfish!
It has several unique design advantages over other popper bodies and is available in a comprehensive range of sizes and colors, allowing you to tie a full spectrum of flies.
The versatile foam head can be tied on with the cup facing forward to create popper flies, and can be tied on in reverse to create slider, diver, and Sneaky Pete style foam flies.
Deeper cup: The innovative Double Barrel design creates a deeper than normal front cup for a louder pop when working your fly! When reversed, it offers a nice recess to bury the body materials of your slider or Sneaky Pete.
Extended top lip: The aggressive top lip of the popper head helps concentrate a bigger “splash” further forwards.
Recessed eye sockets: This unique feature means that 3D fly tying eyes, such as Surface Seducer® Dragon Eyes™ and Fish-Skull® Living Eyes™, can now be securely embedded deep inside the popper head, making for a stronger and buggier-looking fly!
Tail socket: The back of the popper has a recess hole that allows for embedding tailing materials or the rear loop of an articulated shank into the popper.
Popper “skin” : The Double Barrel is manufactured through an innovative process that creates a smooth, strong outer skin on the popper body. This outer skin is durable and has a naturally smoother, nicer looking finish, which means at the most basic level, there's no need to paint, decorate, or clear coat your popper. You can simply mount the body onto a Popper Hook, add Dragon Eyes and some feathers for a tail, then go fishing!
Full size range: The comprehensive range of five sizes allow you to create the full spectrum of popper styles being used today to target various species from panfish to sailfish!
• Extra-small: Perfect for tying small panfish and carp flies. Sz8 hooks. 8/pack. Length 13mm x Width 10mm x Height 8mm
• Small: Great for tying typical “bass bug” poppers. Sz6 hooks. 8/pack. Length 16mm x Width 13mm x Height 10mm
• Medium: Great for tying typical “bass bug” poppers. Sz2 hooks. 8/pack. Length 21mm x Width 17mm x Height 13mm
• Large: Ideal for tying large saltwater and freshwater predator flies target big game species such as pike, musky, stripers, redfish, and sailfish. 2/0-4/0 hooks. 6/pack. Length 27mm x Width 20mm x Height 18mm
• Extra-large: Ideal for tying large saltwater and freshwater predator flies target big game species such as pike, musky, stripers, redfish, and sailfish. 5/0-6/0 hooks. 6/pack. Length 33mm x Width 27mm x Height 26mm
Bright, vibrant colors: White, yellow chartreuse, green chartreuse, black, orange and blue. 4/pack
Quantity per pack: XS, S, Med (8); Large (6); Extra-large (4).
**Any color marked S.O. will take ~1 week before shipping**